[Reader-list] Mallika Sarabhai's Public Meeting in JNU on 31st March

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 17:46:00 IST 2009

Dear Pawan,

If hating Hindu means hating Advani, then Im very much with Madani and his
folks. Take my word for it and I would not comment any further after this
mail, as you could not reply to anything apart from harping about Madani,
who is a minnow against a large number of people who really suffered because
of the communal violence perpetuted by Advani and his folk.

Being a nationalist will never solve your problems if you keep shouting
about religion and community and being a hindu. i dont think you get
discounts in kiriyana shop for being a hindu. or do the right-wingers and
fascist pay you a lot of money to post in the reader's list? do you get paid
like how varun gandhi got paid to make these statements?

the secular outlook of our constitution is never against any community. it
is by virtue of being an hindu, i have this liberty to comment or post on
this thread. if someone from other community would have raised a voice, they
would be called pakistani or representing pope or khalistani militants or
LTTE or naxal by lot of people who have been posting utter rubbish on this
post.

i always wanted to tell this to you especially to Pawan. it is true that
kashmiri pandits were dislodged from the land they loved very much. it is
also true that political forces hijacked the issue, which did not happen in
case of the narmada displacement when it was completely the villagers
against the state meaning a genuine representation of the people who were
directly affected by the dam (which is why the dam came up and the people
from 70 villages could be displaced so easily). in case of the Kashmiri
Pandits it was very easy for BJP and other right wing forces to endorse the
Pandits' sentiments and have taken advantage of it in the most political way
to spew venom on the secularist or as you have been indoctrinated to say,
"sickular". now the right wing forces are trying something similar in Assam
now by promoting the cause of the regional party (which was a part of the
ULFA few years back). so BJP is not representing the Hindu cause per se, but
actually by promoting a civil war in the country ( that's why they find an
ally in shiv sena in maharasthra which is partisan in its outlook).

unfortunately, in a bid to find a political ally in the BJP, the
quasi-regional parties would soon realise that they would be brought under a
larger umbrella called the hindu right wing, if these forces are not stopped
here. soon you will also realise that the local deity you have been praying
to has been replaced by a muscular statue of Rama holding a large rocket
launcher and i guess you will be proud of that.

with regards
anupam