[Reader-list] secularly secular.

Rajen Uppinangadi rajen882uppinangadi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:32:13 IST 2009

Hi,

 Asad, I do not know why some people make it more complicated, when living
life is so simple with any faitth in ones private domain.Simple fact is when
my right to freedom hurts some one else of his faith, that is not good, but
unfortunately, with "secular" brand it is seen that it is perfectly
acceptable to many to  ridicule hindu and his beliefs by some hindus as they
would like to be branded as secular, modern and progressive.?

 As to individuals being selfish, it is alright to be selfish, self
preserving but not at the cost of others , that is good ethics., is my take
on it. Basic duty is if I can help, I will, but I need not harm others for
my faith.? As to laws of the religion, hadith or any other sets of religious
laws, they are in the private domain of the folower, societal law, rule of
laws set in motion by the acceptance of the nation state and constitution
takes precedence over all faith laws, is my take and stand on this matter of
laws.

Regards.