[Reader-list] secularly secular

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 16:12:16 IST 2009

dear rajen,

since you are a hindu, try and analyse the sins committed by those who have
justified their sins in the name of their faith. you will have better
rapport with the gods. you will 10 others standing to critique and analyse
their faith too. that's the only way. picking on others' faith is something
that doesnt look good. stop doing it for your god sake.

I would not like my simple faith in my god to turn into a demon subsuming
everything. unlike the politico-religious bigots, i am not insecure of my
beliefs. people like advani or varun gandhi are insecure, have nothing to
cling on to, and that's why it easier for them to incite hateful feelings
and impose the same kind of insecurity on the people. moreover, from their
speeches it doesnt look like they are serious about working towards the
society as a whole. the BJP manifesto, which claims that it represents the
Hindus specifically, concentrates on building a Ram temple in so and so
place -- what good this Ram temple would serve to the millions who need
better roads, or houses? can u tell me?

moreover, this rhetoric about nationalism is also bogus. nationalism for
what? you only need nationalism so that an international community
recognises you? so basically, i can conclude that this whole hogwash is not
to instill some kind of pride among indians but to show the whole world that
yes we are indians, although millions die of hunger, riots, dacoities,
floods, cold, heat, regionalism, seperatism, domestic violence, rampant
corruption. i know it is a cliche for you.

thanks
anupam

P.S.: