[Reader-list] MNIC? The MIND? sixth sense?

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Fri Apr 10 09:15:43 IST 2009

Dear Asad,

I just spent 8 minutes watching the video you linked to, and was very
disappointed, to say the least. The so-called "sixth sense" technology
is really just a more efficient and stylish way of providing
google-on-the-go and has nothing whatsoever to do with actually reading
another person's mind. If you really do believe that this device would
"in disguise" lead to being able to "read a terrorist's mind", could you
elaborate on how that would happen?

Also, since you seem to speak knowledgeably about "the device that the
government of India wants to go ahead with", could you tell us what the
device is exactly, and where you found the information that it is only
ten years-- at most-- from being released in the market?

Vivek.