[Reader-list] MNIC? The MIND? sixth sense?

asad abbasi asad_abbasi at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 11 05:43:01 IST 2009

Dear vivek,
First of all ,let me apologise for your disappointment to this video. I, personally, did like it and appreciated what I saw. And as you must know that before posting I myself have seen this video and do exactly know that it has nothing to do with reading one persons mind. But if it is the name of the device I really can’t say it by any other name.
(can I?)
May be you missed the discussion between kshmendra and Taha on this readers list about the article which the former posted about a technology that government of India wants to introduce. If you have time do read their mails they are quite interesting (and hopefully won’t take as much as 8 minutes). And one more thing, I did say it may take years or a decade only if such thing can be made.
Quoting myself (even though I don’t like doing it a lot)
“I believe [it] is still a hypothetical thing and might take years or a decade before even coming to market.(if anything such as the proposed one can be built- that is).”

Also I would like to thank you for reply and reading my post and taking out time to share your thoughts with me and everyone.

P.S   I have copied the first post by kshmendra incase you cant find it or don’t have time to look for it.

Regards,
Asad

India developing technology to read terrorist's mind
Agencies Posted: Apr 07, 2009 at 1255 hrs

Bangalore In what could help building better strategy for anti-terror mechanism in the country, the Department of Science and Technology is facilitating a group of bright scientists to develop a complex human cognitive technology which would allow reading the mind of a terrorist.

At the same time, scientists are also developing sensors that would detect hidden devices. As many as 30 groups are involved in the initiative, part of homeland security, said Secretary in the Department of Science and Technology, T Ramasami.

The idea is to integrate the technology and sensors to nail down terrorists, he said.
The Department is funding the programme, which has been taken up on a consortium model, Ramasami said, adding, he is requesting Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, to lead the teams.

"People who understand language, linguistics and people who look at nuclear magnetic resonance...they have come together to really understand the human cognition associated with the linguistic language processes in the mind," he said.

"This would really involve people from highly different disciplines including social sciences and humanities to people who understand physics in this mechanism."

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/India-developing-technology-to-read-terrorists-mind/444166/