[Reader-list] Pardon Us, If This Is The Ram Rajya By Aleem Faizee (Countercurrents.org)

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 16:35:21 IST 2009

Dear Sandeep (and all)

I agree that Ram did not do a great thing by banishing Sita. But what that
story brings out is someone who was in sync with principles/dharma. May be
the principles on which a society should be based may vary, but at least
people should follow principles once deciding they are right. Here we have
situation where people can raise mandir-masjid issue at any convenience or
even corruption issue, and the only principle (if it is there) is only
self-service, which is just selfishness and no principle at all.

That is not the way any nation can prosper (forget about becoming a
superpower). We should first become a humane, just and principled nation,
rather than first practising selfish politics of atrocious kind at lower
levels, and then taking it onto the international stage to use institutions
and organizations just instrumentally. Like we have done substantially in
the past. (Not that others don't do it, but that doesn't mean they are
right.)

Regards (and cheers)

Rakesh