[Reader-list] Atalji's appeal to Indian voters

Pawan Durani pawan.durani at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 23:20:03 IST 2009

My Dear Fellow Citizens,

The decisive hour for electing the 15th Lok Sabha is upon us. Today, our
nation is confronted by serious challenges of every kind. To successfully
meet these challenges the nation needs a strong government and a determined
leader. A government that by means of good governance, can ensure security
for and rapid development of our country – a promise that has been made and
will be delivered by Shri LK Advani.

I am unable to meet all of you due to poor health. However, I am grateful to
you for the belongingness and affection that you have showered upon me. What
perturbs me much more than my own health is the health of my India. The cure
for that lies in your firm resolve.

Shri Lal Krishna Advani and I have been working together since 1952. His
unblemished character and resolute personality have shown like a light torch
in Indian politics. He is skilful in the art of taking up challenges and
overcoming them. He is a compassionate human being and an exceptional leader
whose best is yet to come. I firmly believe becoming the Prime Minister of
India will bring out the best in him.

I appeal to all of you, especially to the youth of our country, to extend
your wholehearted support, assistance and mandate to the BJP and its allied
parties. Only Advaniji is capable of fulfilling the dream that both of us
have seen together. Adavaniji can provide a new direction to the governance
of this country so that we create an India that is devoid of poverty,
hunger, despair and injustice.

I invite you to join me in taking a firm resolve to create a strong
government under the determined leadership of Shree Advani for a strong and
prosperous India. This will only happen when you make the candidates of BJP
and its allies from your region victorious.

Thank you,

Atal Behari Vajpayee

http://www.lkadvani.in/eng/content/view/865/427/