[Reader-list] Earth hour: Green stupidity/Romanticist aesthetics

s|s supreet.sethi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:03:47 IST 2009

I like when Nuclear and Hydel power are mentioned in the same breath
and fossil fuel as separate category. Nuclear power has suddenly
become 'clean'. Even 9th grade science student is taught nuclear waste
is hard to dispose off.

Its is not incidental that there is so much noise about carbon
footprint. Because it just makes nuclear fuel look better. In fact,
carbon-dioxide is not even the largest contributor to greenhouse
effect. Water vapor is, Methane is. Plug all the assholes because that
causes greenhouse. Kill all the cattle if you may.

Interestingly, I point to jeebesh's post on Somalian piracy. There is
a mention of nuclear waste disposal. Frankly there is no clean
solution to that. Carbon-dioxide, thats easy to dispose. If you have
more CO2 in atmosphere, you will see algae bloom in the sea. There
goes your extra CO2.

I am not saying, hydrocarbon based fuel is clean. But relatively its
the cleanest. Which brings me to my pet among urban legends. Our
favorite car Reva. But thats for some other day.

--
~preet~