[Reader-list] Varun tortured in the jail, detention of vendetta politics.

Rajen Uppinangadi rajen882uppinangadi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 15:48:36 IST 2009

Hi,
     Venu,

      thanks for the sermons about the thoughts that I expressed which are
true to best of my knowledge, you have your perceptions, I do not wish to
contradict your perceptions, as I know that you have special love for the
malyalis , but for me religion or faith is personal, and bad governance has
made things difficult for the citizens, be they, tribals, adivasis or
others, the good governance if it is in place, the faith remains where it
is, in private domain, a hungry stomach, neglected by the system of
governance, lack of opportunities for the neglected, make them go for alms
distributed in the name of the only saviour, thus increasing numerical
strength of the voters, thus very democratic rule is undermined as they vote
not for the govrnance but for the "help" given which should have come from
good governance, not from any faith or its propaganda.

  As to violence, it is to be noted with regret that violence begets more of
it, whether in the name of faith or politics, and the goons who killed  a 82
year old swami were exactly doing that so that they could polarise the votes
in kandhamal, just as any other party in the game of garnering votes. When
Singur and Nandigram happened with rapes and killings, again it was the same
game of polarsing the votes by the athiest sections of the society, for
their plank of development on the dead bodies of poor tillers.The same is
the instance of Gujarath, that 59 bodies were burnt alive in a coach is sure
shot for more violence, and I do not justify violence from anyone as the
govrrnance has failed totally to act in time, thus giving rise , rather
outsourcing the delivery of justice to media and NGOs. What the system of
governance should have been done is done by the deviant individuals of the
society from different faiths, which is very violation of our constitution,
hope you think over these thoughts.

   It is known fact that young generation is looking for jobs, and gainful
employments, bettering their life skills so that they can build a future
for themselvs and the next generation, but when reservation is based on
caste and faiths, instead of economic and need based criteria, we see the
lopsided development of few sections of society, discrimination in
governance becomes the order, thus the issues of frustrated individuals
becomes movements like naxalism, aggrieved working class becomes a trade
union, thus all reflect the lack of will to have good governance in society.

 In democratic rule if discrimination is the order of the system, then the
elements of discrimination are faith, caste and region and religions. Thus
you can see the gaining power of clergies, in all faiths exhorting the
followers to vote to those whom they consider as deliverer of good, again
defeating the democracy.

Regards,

Rajen.