[Reader-list] BOMBAY: "Renting while Muslim"

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Mon Apr 20 13:11:27 IST 2009

Just that ever since independance first Mumbai has never influenced any growing surge for working class values, or any good regime of democracy and business houses for their own benefits, struggle among workers always decreases wage-surplus ratio to minimum have tolerated this. Example, high cost of food and living in mumbai vs wages earned there do not leave any impressive account of improvement of working class which has rather devalued under consumerism. Even the mall culture etc is to support or drain anything thats left with them. Definitely feudal war-mongers who are rather good at retaining the status-quo reigned, but now the scene has worsened to brink. The question I ask here is leave Aslam, how many hindu's would like to go and settle in a land of riots and terorism?  The misery caused by reigning capital and increasing prices have been thrown on certain sections and outsiders rather than thinking about appropiation problem. And common man,
 watchingtainted films out there believes in the dream. What? Yes, a drift of high-skilled workers out of mumbai can cause a partial drift of capital. But in such a place where investment is so high movement is expensive, and these people being abused are not most affluent but middle class. Another way would be raising these sentiments through films, movies more subtlely, to show the changing culture and threat lies from upper buergeoise sector, not petty businessmen. I have got accounts of Students in Mumbai beeen beaten up? If due to abject poverty such harsh feelings exists, wages or jobs is not the questionj, the level is higher, resourse constraint and planned centralisation is reason. Why is evry good thing concentrated in Pune and Mumbai, why not outside? Is Mumbai only Maharashtra, ney the lure of hefty profits runs into the blood of even the working sons of the soils. If scare jobs is question, surely wages are alreay high, why not react
 that with another naxalite movement. Someone has to take lead and teach this nexus a leasson, why not Aslam herself. Slowly the drift of Capital due to intense violence will give some time for alternative system and these working proffessionals to establish themselves. Surely this was a film-maker not an taxi-driver who appeared but question is not that. This is an oppurtunity of change due to growing potentials of people like aslam who struggle and Contradictions arising within this structure, I'd not like to name, due to squeezing out of middle tier, who are now in excess, unemployment of smaller capitalists now find this struggle and doubt-politics useful one kind of capital trying to chase out challengers. Increasing crime would also be a standpoint where in murder case boutioque owner closed her shop, though Delhi is Crime capital, middle class business people for new oppurtunities, can indeed support a movement, against a regime where even
 Schools and colleges were not spared. Where Media houses are restrained their support is unlikely as the capital flowing into them are in alliance with these fascist forces, within capitalism. Clearly BJP joining hands with countries biggest bigot, speaks loads for this. Now befor more restraints are put down in name of opening new industries, there's already a huge potential, even in recession in manufacfturing sector, something should happen. Hopefully one good development or contradiction has been reducing influence of Mumbai with development of NCR, GUjarat, Bangalore and other states, Yet mumbai remains to be place with high salaries, and these states themselves see fascist tendencies even as Communist states have revised ideology, the periphery seems dwindling with undesirable armed movements remaing, spreading greater movement. So if a grand restart is needed why not in center itself where concentration is possible, thanks to scale of
 contradiction, rather than periphery where political and economic problems are more.