[Reader-list] Brahminical dominence ?

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Thu Apr 23 04:33:33 IST 2009

Is this character called Ram or Rama not the same arrogant king who
once killed a scholar called Shambuka
because he was found studying the scriptures. The crime being that
Shambuka was an untouchable and so could not touch the scriptures,
even with his mind.

Would I want to live in a society where kings slaughter scholars for
the crime of their curiosity?  No, I would not. I touch a lot of
stuff with my impure mind, and I want to live safe from stupid kings
who don't know better. I think we ought to be grateful that Ram Rajya
is as yet a distant dream of a lunatic fringe. Lets hope it stays
that way.

best

Shuddha