[Reader-list] Slavery and Islam.

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Fri Apr 24 14:10:15 IST 2009

I really appreciate what Rajen has written about faith and
convictions as lighthouses which show rock formations. And I agree
that we could all (myself included) be more sensitive in the way we
refer to faith, (or the lack of it) so that we do not jeopardize
tomorrow in the name of a distant past that none of us have any way
of being certain about.

So, a genuine and big thank you, Rajen for your words of sanity

best

Shuddha

On 24-Apr-09, at 12:27 PM, Rajen Uppinangadi wrote:

> None of us have seen the actuality of any
> events but we add our pourings to spoil the perfect today and ruin the
> tomorrow of the next generation, forgetting that these faiths are
> only like
> Light houses in the ocean, which show the rock formations in ocean
> of life
> journey, take it leave it, for the safe journey, but to argue that
> this
> light house has better light or the other light house is the only
> saviour is
> not very intellectual achievement, but greed to propagate the faith
> and thus
> dominate the society with numerical strength of the followers.!

Shuddhabrata Sengupta
The Sarai Programme at CSDS
Raqs Media Collective
shuddha at sarai.net