[Reader-list] Modi bashing is secular? Some unresolved dilemmas

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:18:50 IST 2009

Dear Rajen,

As I have mentioned earlier that since the matter is sub-judice,
therefore I would not like to comment on it. However, since you claim
to know more about Narender bhai Damodar Modi jee, I was wondering
whether you could help me with a pressing dilemma.

I chanced upon these jewels (pasted below) from Modi jee and I was
wondering whether the quotes attributed below are indeed his, because
I am unable to form an opinion, could you help me in this regard?

For instance, the date of last quote is written as August 1946, I am
sure our Modi jee would not have uttered those lines then.

I would be grateful, if you could read them and guide me in the
'right' direction.

With warm regards

Taha

http://hindumuslimindia.blogspot.com/

 Narendra Modi's Little Saffron Book
[The following are excerpts from the soon-to-be-published The Little
Saffron Book. This condensed collection of Narendra Modi quotes -
taken from his speeches, interviews and books - has an introduction by
L K Advani]

"Hindus of Gujarat, unite and defeat the Mussalmaan Mullahs and all
their four wives! Hindus of Gujarat, be courageous, and dare to fight,
be brave, and defy decency and humanity; advance wave upon wave like
Ravan's rakshasas. Then the whole Gujarat will belong to Hindus.
Mussalmaans of all kinds shall be destroyed."

Statement Supporting the Municipality of the Vadodara City Against the
Muslim Aggression (May 5, 2006).

"The richest source of power to wage war lies in the masses of Hindus.
It is mainly because of the submissive state of the Hindus that
Mussalmaans dare to bully us. When this defect is remedied, then the
Mullah aggressor, like a mad bull crashing into a ring of flames, will
be surrounded by hundreds of millions of our people standing upright,
the mere sound of their voices will strike terror into him, and the
Mullah will be burned to death."

On Planned Riots (May 2003), Selected Works, Vol. II, p. 186.

"What is a true bastion of Shakti? It is the Indian masses, the
millions upon millions of people who genuinely and sincerely support
Hindutva. That is the real Shakti, which is impossible for any force
on earth to smash. The Aamir Khans of the world cannot smash us; on
the contrary, we shall smash them. Rallying millions upon millions of
people round my government and expanding our holy war, we shall wipe
out all the pseudo-secularists and take over the whole of India."

Excerpt of a Speech Made on the Successful, Complete and Absolute
Conclusion of a Ban on the Film Fanaa in the Theatres of Gujarat (May
28, 2006).

"The secularists are bullying us in such a way that we will have to
deal with them seriously. Not only must we have a powerful, regular
and a more violent Bajrang Dal, we must also organize contingents of
the ladies-only Durga Vahini on a big scale. This will make it
difficult for the secularists to move a single inch in our Gujarat in
case of an anti-Mussalmaan genocide, an event which is not very far."

Interview with the Saamna Newspaper (September 29, 2004).

"Without preparedness, a communal riot is not a real pogrom and there
can be no final solution either. Having grasped this point, it is good
to remember that while making a list of Mians and their Begums in
their across-the-'border' Pakistani mohallas, care must be taken to
accomplish the task without attracting much notice. The dogs must not
be warned of their terrible ends."

Strategies for Genocides and Other Experiments in Rwanda (May 1938),
Selected Works, Vol. II, pp. 165-66.

"The communal riot is a war of the Hindus; it can be successfully
waged only after enlisting the support of the police force and relying
on them to wage it."

Be Concerned with the Manipulation of the Masses, Pay Attention to
Methods of Murder (January 27, 2002), Selected Works, Vol. I. p. 147.

"Democracy is one of the ways to be cleverly employed and manipulated
to struggle for a just, absolute, pure Mussalmaan-less society."

Talk with Prabhu Chawala in Seedhi Baat, Aaj Tak TV Channel (August 2004).

"The Bhartiya Janata Party of Gujarat, having made a clear-headed
appraisal of the national and state-level situation on the basis of
the science of Nazism-Fascism, recognized that all attacks on the
non-Hindus in Gujarat have to be launched in the shortest possible
time. If some Mussalmaans still have guts to live here with their
countless hordes, we only have to stop doing any dealings with them."

The Present Situation and Our Tasks (December 25, 1997), Selected
Shakha Writings, 2nd ed., p. 347.

"If a single Mussalmaan attack us and if the conditions are favorable
for battle, we will certainly act in self-defense to wipe him off and
all the people of his wretched community resolutely, thoroughly,
wholly and completely (we do not strike rashly, but when we do strike,
we must win). We must never be cowed by the bluster of
English-speaking secularists.."

On Peace Negotiations with Pakistan - Circular of the Central
Committee of the Bhartiya Janata Party of Gujarat (August 26, 2001)

"As far as the massacre of Hindus by terrorists in Kashmir is
concerned, those Islamic militants, in spite of belonging to the enemy
civilization, are like our brothers-in-arms. They provide us an
opportunity, reason, and excuse to kill the Maulavis of Ahmedabad."

Talk with the Harvard University Proffessor Samuel Phillips Huntington
(August 1946), Foreign Affairs Magazine