[Reader-list] Karakul , Rahul & Animal Rights

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 14:30:29 IST 2009

I am simple minded.

I have often wondered about the Death Penalty to which I am totally opposed (for any kind of a crime whatsoever.)

Either you have the Death Penalty or you do not. If it exists, I see no difference whether the execution is carried out by a Lethal Injection, or by the Electric Chair, or the Gallows, or by Flogging, or by Stoning, or by Breaking Arms and Legs and Allowing to die of Heat or Cold.

Similarly, either you kill animals of a particular species or you do not. I do not see any difference between killing cattle for food (and using its hide for other purposes) and killing a fetus and using its hide for some purpose (Karakul cap).

There is nothing humane about killing. Thats all. How you kill does not matter.

But then I am simple minded

Kshmendra