[Reader-list] Modi bashing is secular.!

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:28:10 IST 2009

Rajen Saheb!

After reading your mail carefully, I think, I must concede, there
was an error on my behalf. Therefore for the sake of clarity, let me
just say, I am no position to express my reservations about a deeply
polarizing figure like Modi.

I will not say that he was a mass murderer, nor will I utter that he
 represents something which is detrimental to the idea of India.

Which will be succeeded  by my absolute silence on what many believe
his complete disregard for small insignificant issues like morality in
public life.

In the same vein I hereby resolve to not discuss views of pedestal
thinkers like Asis Nandy who describes Modi as ‘a classic, clinical
case of a fascist’.

 Nandy uses ‘fascist’ as ‘a diagnostic category,
comprising not only one’s ideological posture but also the personality
traits and motivational patterns contextualising the ideology.’

Further more I will not look into what Nandy suggests, Modi
to present a ‘mix of puritanical rigidity, narrowing of emotional life,
massive use of the ego defence of projection, denial and fear of his
own passions combined with fantasies of violence – all set within the
matrix of clear paranoid and obsessive personality traits.’

I wish you well Rajen Saheb and I pray that all your dreams and
desires that one day,  Narenderbhai Modi becomes the prime minister of
India may come true.

Amen!

Warm regards

Taha