[Reader-list] BOYCOTT SECTARIAN AGENDAS

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 11:53:09 IST 2009

Dear Ram,

Religiousity can exist without the political baggage of the fanatics.
Banning the sects is not a solution but it only proposes homogenisation and
a God less world. For some, this faith in god is simple, doesnt need the
sanction of fanatical elements. I hope a careful assessment of the
religiousity of the people has to be ascertained along with the several
other surveys to understand this nation.

"We have only two options: either we learn to live with "communal" strive
that has
become the order of the day or make a complete break with all our past that
segregates us
and begin anew. Its a tall order we know but nevertheless worth aspiring
for. Atleast its better
than the current non-sense of  just "boycotting the sectarian agendas"."

I believe by "tall order" you meant religion or sect or similar things.
These terms need introspection clearly in terms of philosophical basis. For
settling your personal scores, it is not neccesary that one has find the
religion as an excuse. Because most of the religious knowledge or the way it
is being structured is in *a priori *form and as we have seen open to
interpretations. However, the dynamic and progressive elements for all the
religions are intact and often overlooked.

Therefore, the appeal for boycott of the sectarian agenda which prescribes
killing in the name of the religion still stands as opposed to how you have
termed it as nonsensesical.

Thanks and regards
Anupam