[Reader-list] When was the first time you were told there is God?

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 08:22:56 IST 2009

Dear Pheeta jee

I believe there is a difference between organized religion and faith. Faith
is personal, and therefore even if two people have different faiths, they
won't necessarily attack each other. Religion if organized on the other
hand, is political, simply because it involves instilling some common idea
or agenda in the minds of many people, and therefore it may (and generally
does) also involve a sense of competition to see that there are more and
more people across the world believing in that common idea or agenda.

So, in my view, faith can actually inhibit communal violence, but religion
can't.

Regards

Rakesh