[Reader-list] Banks ready to help in unique ID project- 185

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 6 18:27:12 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh,

Although I can very well empathize with your view especially given the
fact that almost 1.44 lakh crore rupees are being withheld by
individuals and institutions as tax money but I think, at the same
time, it is important for us to get as clearer a sense of things as we
could, in order to know reality- as it is.

All we have are these often vague impressions of what is going on. And
from whatever little we have, we can perhaps get a sense of coalescing
information which was hitherto categorized and stored separately.

This type of data consolidation is unprecedented therefore one needs
to look into the processes of this consolidation carefully, as even,
for instance, schemes like RTF, are going to have a huge impact, as
post consolidation of bank data and identity.

Warm regards

Taha