[Reader-list] Banks ready to help in unique ID project- 185

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 18:38:18 IST 2009

Dear Taha

I accept your argument on this account, and therefore would be careful to
issue statements on this count in future. But at the same time, I completely
feel bad when our corporates just want to enjoy subsidies at the cost of
public, which I feel is wrong. The govt is first for the common people and
not for the rich. The corporates should not be the first concern for any
govt.

If the corporates have that much of a problem, they are free to leave India
and invest elsewhere. After all, it's not that I am against
industrialization, nor are others. What we want is following the norms
properly.

As for the banks, what is the logic of not paying taxes in time? Do they
have genuine reasons to do so? And if yes, why not come out in public with
those reasons as well? At least be honest enough to accept your mistakes, is
what I wish to suggest here.

Regards

Rakesh