[Reader-list] Crime and No Punishment: Malegaon Blast Accused Get a Respite

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 11 04:26:51 IST 2009

Dear Javed, Dear Rakesh ( and dear all )

Of course I think your views are absolutely pertinent. Of course there
are certain individuals within certain organizations who are not
playing a role which they are supposed to play with a lot of
conviction and self belief. Of course things are not going the way
they should be. Therefore of course all these out of character
performances are taking a toll on the overall image organizations
concerned.

It does not matter whether players in question relate to our
judiciary, Indian police force or even so called political or quasi
political organizations.

However, I wonder what else can be done about it- apart from dishing
out -blame- arguments? That does not, for a second, mean that, -blame-
arguments should not be dished out. Not at all!!

Far from that, I wonder, what other types of conceptual handles could
one pull out, in addition to -blame- arguments, to maybe, develop a
more systemic critique of the failure of players, processes and
practices related to a normative functioning of these organizations?

Warm regards

Taha