[Reader-list] Fw: Imran Hashmi takes a U turn

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Wed Aug 12 09:48:05 IST 2009

Dear Mr Malik,
I do agree to your ideals, ther is no anti-discrimination law in India. Where things are provided we do not obey. Discrimination is subtle and we need to identify it's subtle forms, eg  a case of gender discrimination, where every body re inforces false perceptions,an aids patient never invited to local functions. To protect ourselves we need a community, when that is not there then a commission gets set up. Why do I need to go to court for a man who cheats me if I can fix him myself? When the community turns against somebody, then one needs defence, by law or by vengeance, which is related to fear...
Rights do exist simultaneously and they can be enjoyed even in a society, I guess that is why we live in it, provided we do not step overboard and get fetish about them. Then we get feudal, and restrict our immagination to temples and mosques, divorced from other needs....... And as far vote banks or any politics is concerned, never mind democracy, in the limit, tables are set up like that, numbers do not add up unless we do them, for any policy one needs strong and desperate people supporting it not many people behind it, who wont bother to budge...........
Regards,
Subhrodip.