[Reader-list] India on a list of countries which have failed to protect its religious minorities adequately

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 23:40:28 IST 2009

Godhra is a 'luke-warm' case (not for me, because the truth is still
elusive) because the reason or the manner of the death of those 58 people is
still not known. And please don't tell me that the Nanavati Commission has
given its report. The report was categorically rejected by the SC, which
then constituted an SIT to investigate the case. What's more, even now some
of the people have not been identified. Yet, they were branded as
'karsevaks' and violence was conducted in their name.

How come that is justifiable? The truth about Godhra needs to be found out,
so also justice for those who lost their lives in 'revenge' acts.

Can the 'victims' now come out of their sense of victimization? Or is it
always there in them as it is, since their birth and continuing till death?