[Reader-list] India on a list of countries which have failed to protect its religious minorities adequately

Murali V murali.chalam at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 12:08:00 IST 2009

The lone survivor of the Sabarmati Express train fire at Godhra in
which 59  were killed on 27 February, 2002, Gayatri Panchal, a
resident of Ahmedabad, has decried the U.C. Banerjee Commission
report. Though she survived, she lost both her parents on that day.
She has decried the U C Banerjee Commission report and has said: 'I
will stick to the version that the coach was attacked by an armed
crowd. The report of the Banerjee Commission is absolutely wrong. I
have seen everything with my own eyes and barely escaped myself but
lost both my parents. Mobs pelted stones at the coach for long and
then threw in burning rags and also poured some inflammable material
so that the coach was on fire. I will maintain the same wherever I am
called to depose on the matter.' Nor am I. It is only when one side of
the picture is projected, I am bound to present the other side of the
picture as well. This may appear to many as though I am supporting the
riot and rioters.

Regards,
V Murali