[Reader-list] India on a list of countries which have failed to protect its religious minorities adequately

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:40:05 IST 2009

Dear Murali ji

You had sent me a link on changing demography of the World (Youtube), which
actually was for Europe and US and didn't include Asia or Africa.

Secondly, I don't understand what's the threat in such an increase in
population. Is it that Muslims don't allow other cultural identities to
exist per se, wherever they gain majority, in such countries. If that's the
case, put such people in jail. And if it turns out that Islam is the
intrinsic problem for it, ban Islam or change its nature. But do it after
properly assessing the same.

Also, as far as madrassas are concerned, there needs to be an analysis as to
why these children attend madrassas. Is it because there are no public
schools in those areas (or those which are there are not functioning
properly) or other reasons, and whether those reasons are justifiable or
not.

Regards

Rakesh