[Reader-list] India on a list of countries which have failed to protect its religious minorities adequately

A.K. Malik akmalik45 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 15 19:19:15 IST 2009

Dear Kaul Sahib,
                You are right please. Shah Bano case pertained to maintenance under Sec 125 to a wife after divorce.The Rajiv Gandhi Govt succumbed to pressure from Muslim fundamentalists and enacted the 1986 Act to render the judgement meaningless.Voices in favour of a Uniform Civil Code became more vocal at that time.The Section is still applicable to Hindu divorced women.So it doesn't matter to the Govt.
Best Regards,

(A.K.MALIK)