[Reader-list] [CACDelhi] Re: Join National Protest Day against Encounter Killings on 14th August

ambarien qadar ambarien at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 16 11:04:51 IST 2009

Apologies for cross/multiple postings. The formatting in the previous post has went haywire. So am reposting my responses.
Hi Jodha,Apologies for the delayed response. Nevertheless, this is how I think:
While we as a group do extend our solidarity with other
groups/individuals working on different rights violations, the campaign
specifically at the moment is not a blanket protest for all rights violations
across India. We are protesting against cases of encounter killings, very
specifically the case of The Batla House encounter where the NHRC has given a
clean chit to the police. If you read my post carefully, you will find that it
is not only about 'the arbitrary arrests of muslim youth' (which in my view is
definitely and undeniably happening) but also about instances in Manipur.
Please look up my/our past posts to see the instances where we have addressed
issues beyond the 'arbitrary arrests of Muslim youth'.

The mail was a group opinion. It was not a
personal one; and hence not stemming from my own 'limited personal opinion'.
However, I am not apologetic, not in the least, to say that my motivations for
the political have always emerged from the personal. Infact I am increasingly becoming quite wary of those who think they can give 'voice to the voiceless'. Those times are gone and over.

Some decision are pure logistics, like choosing
14th Aug instead of 15th.
It is pure co-incidence that it happens to be the Independence day of the nation you are referring to.
ThanksAmbarien Al Qadar