[Reader-list] RTF (Right to Food) Articles - 16

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 18 00:37:51 IST 2009

Dear Jeebesh,

I suppose you have been responded to in this regard earlier.

I think you suggestion is extremely pertinent and valid.

My only concern, however, is this- I  desire a modest informed public
debate on the national identity card. For that to happen, a context
needs to be generated. I believe my posts/forwards/fragmentary
reflections provide this context. If not then it at least creates an
impression, a provocation about a issue that I care about. So what is
wrong in that?

I do not understand your anxiety about getting a sense of the
'material'. Why are you so bothered about a blog anyways? Did you know
that three blogs already exist on national identity card and national
population register? I wonder how many people on this list are even
aware of its existence.

I don't think, I need to go into more in this regard and I do not
think that I need to be told by ANYONE on this list what I should be
doing with my material, which is of course, now as public as it can
get.

However, if in future, I think that a blog or any such thing needs to
be put up, then may I most kindly suggest, that I will do it, at my
own pleasure AND in this regard if I need any creative solutions then,
who knows, I may even write to you a personal mail to formally solicit
your comments.

I do understand that some members on this list may not have been too
comfortable with either the range or the depth of issues related to
identity cards and I do apologize for flooding their mail boxes with
TWO posts every day.

However I do believe that I am not selling ice candy here that I need
to carefully wrap my product to cater to specific target audience
keeping into consideration the needs and wants of prospective and real
consumers. I just present my views keeping in mind two words- Dear-
All-

This -all- is a totally un-distinguishable entity. And I certainly do
not take any responsibility of formulating my views to the taste to
each and every member. It is up to an individual subscriber to do what
they want to do with the material.

I hope I have made my self absolutely clear and I certainly do not
want to see any more of -please do this with your material -please do
that with your material- mails from you Jeebesh. I am sorry!!! Sarai
reader list was once a space where any idea could be bought to common
community of people who had the decency to show a minimum amount of
concern. I am really uncomfortable with this ongoing schizophrenia of
some list members to, bamboozle other list members, at one level, who
are seriously, diligently interested in the idea of a public debate to
take their content off list, at the same time connecting with the list
through a totally bizzare notion like RSS feeds and on the other hand
continue diffidently with a dogmatic persistence and belief in freedom
of speech, which sometimes equals to dogmatic insistence of hard core
Jehadis+ hard core RSS types put together and allow a huge volume of
mail traffic which should be there but in much more disciplined,
systematic fashion.

Warm regards

Taha