[Reader-list] Jaswant’s Jinnah - Karan Thapar

Taha Mehmood 2tahamehmood at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 18 19:29:32 IST 2009

Dear Kshmendra,

Many thanks for posting Karan Thapar's write-up on, Jaswant Singh's
book on Jinnah, in HT. I wonder why now, particularly after its defeat
that we are witnessing a subtle change in BJP's view towards Muslims?

Jinnah who is decried by someone like Rafiq Zakaria as a 'villain' in
his passionately argued book, 'The man who divided India' is now seen
by the members of the Hindu right in India as a 'nationalist'.

I am extremely curious to know about the psychology of this volte face.

Warm regards

Taha