[Reader-list] Jaswant’s Jinnah - Karan Thapar

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 18:23:38 IST 2009

Dear all,
  whether we like it or not, the BJP as a party, and its name, name may not
change, the individuals in BJP will have to change, change is constant, if
it changes for better governance for all, then BJP will have a future, other
wise the election games is not of inclusive growth, but of partial growth of
few, which gets rejected like in 2004 0r in 2009.

And this is common rule for all political parties which have temporary gains
on the basis of caste or faith as with educated voters, the expectations and
aspirations of all the citizens demand good governance.

Today you all might have observed the guidelinesby spokesperson on tv
channels, to MPs and MLAs of Congress to stop henceforth with "lavish"
parties.!

Regards,

Rajen.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Taha Mehmood
<2tahamehmood at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Dear Kshmendra,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> >It seems highly unlikely to me that BJP can ever hope to garner "Muslim"
> support. The outsidest likelihood is if after Jan Sangh and BJP a new
> 'avtaar' is coalesced by factions from within the BJP which might continue
> to swear by "nationalism" but unambiguously declares "Hindu Nationalism" as
> unacceptable.>
>
> I think the above view is extremely interesting...since it goes
> against the perceived psychology of politics within the BJP and RSS
> which seems to be based on a rigid binary of victimized self and
> oppressing others.
>
>  JS's book could be seen as an attempt to puncture that positioning
> slightly, even if it is projected as purely academic in nature.  We
> are still trying to grasp the larger political implications of this
> change especially with respect to the future relationship between the
> RSS and the BJP. There are media reports that Bal Apte, a RSS man, has
> been tipped to take over the presidency of the BJP this December.
>
> I wonder could a book on Jinnah by a senior BJP leader may help in a
> small but significant way, to coalescing of ideology and political
> apparatus within the BJP?
>
> Warm regards
>
> Taha

Rajen.