[Reader-list] What happens when your identity is stolen and used by another man?

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 13:50:42 IST 2009

Hi,
Taha,

 if your "nandu" is plumber what are you, a service mechanic.? Any way, that
apart, let me share with you some interesting incidents in the life of a
bank manager who was seriously interested in allocating the "indiramma loans
to garibs in bastis around Bangalore, to in the words of Janardhana Poojari,
the magic of indiramma loan creator then, in 1980s. as he was the state
minister in finance ministry. In a single day, the congress "grass" root
workers brought in about 1830 loan applications, for him, all filled in
similar hand writing, a phone from the minister that all loans MUST be
distributed at the public function, in next three days, many banks had
received such request with thousands of applications in similar fashion.

This friend of mine, made some inquiries and found that the applications
were printed at a private press, sold to beneficiaries by "grass" root
workers for 100 rupees each, all faith and caste certificates came at a
price, and out of 5000 rupees loan, the beneficiary got only 3500 rupees, so
he wanted to verify the addresses, but was threatened of dire consequences.
This four percent loans brought the downfall of the Poojary, rejected by the
electorate time and again, now senile at mangalore, court jester in Sonias'
court.

Worst part was when the loans were unpaid, the managers were in trouble with
bungling CBI breathing down their necks and managers went in search of the
borrowers at the basthi, the many Inayathullas , Ahmeds and Mohammeds said
they were not the ones who availed the loan, as there was no system of
photos in those days to avail loan. All garibs had huge houses.! And were
active "grass" root workers for the party.!

  By the way, total written off amount of this garibi hatao program was
17000 crores.!Even if each beneficiaries got  some amount , this loot was
too costly for the nation, as left said industires are not paying their
credit facilities so, why should the beneficiaries pay.?

Regards,

Rajen.

Rajen.