[Reader-list] Your views on the book "Satya Darshini" by christian missionaries

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 07:47:55 IST 2009

Dear Murali

You may also have those internet links dishing out ready-made diatribes, so
what I have done instead is quote from those links which are actually known
well, like Frontline, India Today, Outlook, the commonly heard newspapers
and so on.
(in which PTI reports are also seen.) Moreover, ground research has been
properly done on these activities, so I can also quote from those reports
for your information, unlike lies and malicious propaganda being spread by
people.

Of course, you can also quote the Gujarati media then, particularly two
newspapers which did some of the most horrendous reporting: Sandesh &
Gujarat Samachar. Its after effects on one of my family members is as
follows:

My (maternal) grandfather, living in Jamnagar, after hearing of what was
going on from his brother (living in Ahmedabad) then, was so much angry
(with lies and false accusations in the paper) that he first discontinued
Sandesh (started subscribing to Gujarat Samachar), then again got angry and
discontinued it, and that was the last for him with any Gujarati newspaper
(he had been reading one Gujarati newspaper every day since 1955, when he
had been transferred from Trivandrum to Ahmedabad in the IT department,
except may be for days of severe illness or some other rare exceptions). And
this for a man who has very little trust on Muslims (even today). He is now
against the Sangh Parivar as well as the newspapers.

Regards

Rakesh