[Reader-list] Your views on the book "Satya Darshini" by christian missionaries

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 07:08:56 IST 2009

Dear Murali

Now that someone who has done ground research has spoken out, let me also
add further to that by statements which our VHP-Sangh Parivar-BJP has been
accused of actually saying, and you can verify these:

a) Modi (he is the CM of Gujarat): 'hum paanch humare pachchees' . The full
statement is as follows:

"What should we do? Run relief camps for them? Do we want to open
baby-producing centres? But for certain people that means `*hum paanch,
hamare pachis*' (We five and ours 25)...We must teach a lesson to those who
multiply like this."  - Frontline

I didn't know that relief camps (opened for those who had to run from their
homes thanks to state-sponsored violence) were baby-producing centers
because Muslims reside in them. Is this how a CM is supposed to talk about a
community, even during campaigning, that too without any proof?

Infact, one professor I study from has gone on to say that as per 2001
census, there were more no. of Hindus (mostly Rajputs, but there are others)
having more than 1 wife, than Muslims! How is that for the BJP?

b) Modi (again during 2002 election campaign, this time from the documentary
'The Final Solution'): 'If nothing would have happened at Godhra, would even
one stone have been thrown in response?'

c) Modi again: 'Is Lyngdoh from Italy?' (When Lyngdoh, the then Election
Commissioner refused to conduct elections in October 2002, having visited
the relief camps, to prove that he is Christian and acting as a Sonia
agent).

Infact, to be precise, Lyngdoh seemed to be more sympathetic to victims
living in the camps, rather than the CM Modi, even though it's not the
constitutional responsibility of Lyngdoh to even visit the camps himself.
And just because Modi didn't get what he wanted, he (himself a
constitutional authority) was crying hoarse against another constitutional
authority. Is this how a CM (then a temporary one till new govt is sworn in)
is supposed to behave?

By the way, Lyngdoh then stated in his replies that he is an atheist.

I will also put further statements by VHP and you can enjoy those as well,
probably your diatribe may then be seen again

And unlike you, what I have quoted is out there in the public domain. You
can find it, very easily, right on internet links.

Regards

Rakesh