[Reader-list] Human Rights Parade on 10th Dec, Dadar East, Mumbai

Chandni Parekh chandni.parekh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:29:24 IST 2009

From: Priyanka Borpujari <aa.priyanka at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 8, 2009
Subject: Press Invite: Human Rights Parade on 10th Dec, Dadar East, Mumbai

All human beings are born equal and free
All human beings can be what they want to be

On International Human Right's Day
Let's uphold our own dignity, our own freedom

You have the right to dissent!
You have the right to speak out!
You have the right to fight it out!

Come, join us in our celebration of our freedom
and our fight to safeguard the rights of our brethren

Songs! Dance! Lejhim! Tableau!
Be a part of this mobile gathering

*When:* December 10 at 5pm
*Where:* Outside Dadar station (E)
*What:* Walk from Dadar station (E) - Sharda Talkies - Asiad Bus Depot -
bylanes of Bhoiwada - ground next to Bhoiwada police station

Bring along your friends and family
Come and celebrate the essence of humanity

*Contact:*
Priyanka - 9820741992
Vivek - 9821062801
Sanober - 9969067166
Ruchi - 9967546415

-----

From: Jyoti Punwani <jyoti.punwani at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 8, 2009

In Chhattisgarh, para military forces embark on a war against their own
citizens, backed by a Centre that is bent on driving the original
inhabitants of the mineral-rich forests out of their homes, to pave the way
for mining companies.
In Mumbai, a peaceful demonstration against the inequal distribution of
water leads to the death of one demonstrator in a police lathi-charge; petty
thieves are paraded on the street with placards round their necks.
On December 10, declared by the UN as International Human Rights Day, when
people across the world will commemorate every individual's right to life
and liberty, across India too, people will affirm their rights. Mumbai will
witness a grand Human rights Parade, a first of its kind, with song, dance
and floats across the streets of the city's original working class area,
Dadar. Participating in the parade will be intellectuals and workers,
students and artists, academics and executives.

The Parade  will begin from Dadar Station (E) at 5 PM, and end at the ground
near Bhoiwada Police Station at around 6PM.

Organised by the Committee for the Release of Binayak Sen along with a host
of other groups, the parade is a small endeavour to remind people that this
city belongs first to those who contribute the most to it but get the elast
out of its grand ``development'' schemes.
Please send your reporter and photographer to cover this unique parade.
For more information and directions  contact: Priyanka: 9820741992, Sanober
99690 67166