[Reader-list] Unconscious for last 36 yrs; victim seeks SC permission to die

Shuddhabrata Sengupta shuddha at sarai.net
Fri Dec 18 02:32:31 IST 2009

Dear Aditya,

Thank you for forwarding this story. I personally support euthenasia
and the right to die with dignity, and am saddened at the Supreme
Court's decision not to let those close to Aruna Shanbaug extend to
her the ultimate solidarity and succour of a peaceful, dignified,
assisted end to her suffering.

best,

Shuddha