[Reader-list] Unconscious for last 36 yrs; victim seeks SC permission to die

Rahul Asthana rahul_capri at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 09:13:00 IST 2009

IMHO according to Indic theology the notion of euthanasia is not amoral.

Some excerpts from the script of the movie "The Sea Inside"

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/sea-inside-script-transcript-javier.html

"and we take to ridiculous extremes the
bourgeois definition of private property

You are killing me

But if Church was the first one in
secularizing the private property

- I can't tell him that
- How come?

Should I tell him that?

Freedom to choose my beliefs...no,
his beliefs and decide over his life

Ok, now you tell him

Why does the Church keep that posture
of terror of death with such passion?

Because it knows that it would lose
a great amount of its customers

if people lose their fear to the Great Beyond

He reminds you that according to the polls,
  % of the Spanish are in favor of euthanasia

Very well, very well. Now you tell him that
moral issues are not resolved through polls

Because most of the German
people were also in favor of Hitler

Now he is going to compare
me to Hitler. That is very rude

No, not that

Ask him what Hitler has to do with all this

No wait... Padre Francisco, do you hear me?

Yes. Ramon I can hear you

Why do you mix pears with apples?

I hope you didn't come here to do demagoguery.

Because you Jesuits know a lot about that.

No, no. Of course not.

But since you bring up
demagoguery, my dear Ramon.

Don't you think that what's really
demagogic, is to say "Death with dignity"

Why don't you leave the euphemisms aside
and call things by its name, with all its rawness

"l take my life" and that's it...

Your interest in me keeps surprising me,
while the institution that you represent

accepts the death penalty and condemned
those who didn't think the right way,
to the bonfire for centuries

Now you are the one doing demagoguery

Yes of course, but leaving the euphemisms
aside, as you say that's what you
would have done with me, right?

Burn me alive

Burn me for defending my freedom

Ramon, my friend...

Friend?

Ramon, my friend. A freedom
that eliminates life is not freedom

And a life that eliminates freedom is not life either