[Reader-list] see some meaning in Yasin Malik's choice

indersalim indersalim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:46:40 IST 2009

Dear Kshmendra

thanks for response.

I repeat, the concluding line " I am talking on my own behalf "  So i
dont see myself  speaking on Yasin Malik's behalf. By the way, i have
casually seen him in a gathering in  Delhi, at the place where Delhi
Police was duty bound to ensure his safety.  i have never met him, let
alone discussion on Kashmir.

i wish you had reflected my piece on Yasin Malik's choice a little
more seriously. I talked about some other issues as well, which might
even anger Yasin Malik even. The elected Govt in J&K too realizes the
inevitability of Hurriyat in any talks about Kashmir issue.

 We all know what happened in 1990. How much we all suffered and how
badly it was handled, not only by those who initiated it, but even by
insincere politicians in Delhi. History will laugh on Jagmohan, former
Governer, who imposed ban on Sheep slaughter in Kashmir on Hindu
sacred days.   Well, people in general have a tendency to forgive
anything that seemingly qualifies for so called National interests,
even when their actions are more serious than murder.

I dont know how to describe a murderer, when i have thousands of
different types of criminals roaming freely in our country. Take for
example  George Fernandes, was he simply a Trade Unionist, or he
actually indulged in some terror tactics during his early phase of
political life?  Was Yasir Arafat a politician from the beginning? NO.
but he was most honored guest of India always, of course, for all the
right reasons.  The visible end of politics which we are familiar with
is in fact its Reality's tip of ice berg .

Now, do we see Indira's Emergency as murderous as Yasin's 1990's
killings? Now, how will you explain  the birth of Bindranwwalla , the
sikh terrorist, whose death and operation Blue star caused the
assassination of Indira Gandhi ji. How the Govt. of India will explain
to us the emergence of Prabhakarn who was supported by India as much
as Kashmiris are supported by Pakistan.

Now , how many criminals are there in our Parliament ? How many
hundreds of  corporates are  hand in glove with the Govt. who give
death to poor people in villages by polluting the simple drinking
water. Are they murderers?  or decent citizens of our society because
they have money, legal support and Nationalist tag on their lapels.

I might digress from your main  concern: Yasin Malik the murderer.  By
the way, has Govt of India a case against him ?

Back in Kashmir, it is most interesting to see how the parties who
rigged elections openly in 1987-88  in Kashmir are back in power. Now
rigging elections certainly qualifies as Murder of Democracy, and see,
all the intellectuals of India have nothing but praise for this unique
grand slam National Double who saved Kashmir for India.   Blood on the
hands of both National Conference and Indira Congress  is still wet,
if you ask me, but no, we swoon the moment Abdullah Jr. says " i am
Indian".

Dynasty rule itself smells scandalous. But alas, we have a school for
such a scandal in  India. We have children of the erestwhile
politicians at the helm and we are happy to see India marching ahead
this way.  And why should we even talk about that, let us blindly
accept the norm and ignore the wiser nuance. After all who needs
reasoning these days.  but let us at least feel guilty.

Times are such that our next Home Minister might be Sanjay Dutt who
knowingly bought hand grenades, and other lethal weapons from those
who were directly responsible for Bombay serial Blasts.

Two cheers for Indian Democracy

with love and regards

inder salim

http://indersalim.livejournal.com