[Reader-list] see some meaning in Yasin Malik's choice

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 22:12:25 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh,

I don't think I should comment much on your wikipedia knowledge on Kashmir,
Kashmiri Pandits and Islamic Terrorist Yasin Malik. Not all written on such
sources is true, my friend.

Anyways, Just for your information sake; the God of Separatists Yasin Malik
has several cases pending against him in TADA and other courts; mostly in
J&K. Two of them being of Rubiya Sayeed Kidnapping and another of killing 4
IAF unarmed persons. He enjoys freedom due to the mercy of Indian Government
and as well his good lobby of 'well-connected' people in New Delhi.

I didn't raise anything about BJP here. To us the Kashmiri Pandits; both
politicians and leaders towards the right or even to the left have been
same. We have just seen lip service from them. Here I responded to a mail
which portrayed a killer as a leader; which cannot be accepted. To Singur
there were groups who stood up, to Gujarat there were again leaders and NGOs
who worked, to Kashmiri Muslims there are several NGOs and other well
connected people campaigning hard; but to us the Kashmiri Pandits and to our
forced exodus...the world remained silent.

You may want to cut BJP leaders into pieces; that is your personal choice.
And, Yasin Malik may deserve rights. But, I want him to be arrested and
tried by law. If only law fails; last option remains the most extreme one;
which you seemed to suggest. Yasin Malik to us is a butcher, psychopath
killer, uneducated & mindless terrorist.

By reading out a crafted speech written by his 'mates' he doesn't prove to
be a revolutionary or a intellectual. He had no option but to take to
'non-violence' or else he would have been the next killed. He wanted to
enjoy perks of an 'agent'. It isn't a PR Exercise by us; but response to
some grave misconceptions that people have.

We have been trying on our part to approach Judiciary and as well Govt. to
get him convicted; lets hope this happens soon. Hope you read the archives
of www.kashmiris-in-exile.blogspot.com well.

Moreover, Its quite strange that Naxalites show themselves as victims and
fight, so are called rebels; Kashmiri Muslims show themselves as so called
victims of Indian oppression and say we are fighting ''azaadi struggle' and
are called freedom fighters.. but alas.! Kashmiri Pandits like democratic,
peaceful human beings are just spreading awareness and are called
pseudos...lolz Amusing!

You have mixed too many things in your e-mail. Panun Kashmir is a political
demand; one may not expect it to be carved out in a few days time. It is a
demand by the minority community of J&K; and as important as any other
demand in the region. Even formation of Jharkhand, Chattisgarh etc. was
opposed by some stray elements. More so, the demand of 'aazad Kashmir' you
talk about; has been hugely rejected and sidelined by the common citizens of
J&K in the recently held elections with a high turnout. The separatist shops
are closed and they are struggling to make ends meet. Need I say more ?

We 'Kashmiri Pandits' were kind Human Beings all our lives; and perhaps even
still are; but silence is what we got in return each time; even at the time
of our 'ethnic cleansing'. Doors were shut, our neighbours and even the
Indian Government became deaf, dumb and blind.

On your comments on us Kashmiri Pandits; well let me just say 'Thank you'.

Regards

On 2/5/09, Rakesh Iyer <rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Aditya
>
> After reading your mail, I must certainly respond to certain points raised
> in your mail.
>
> The first point is that of retribution. You have said that Yasin Malik
> 'should know how it feels
> when bullet passes through his empty skull!' . This is highly atrocious
> according to me, as atrocious as the migration of Kashmiri Pandits was.
> While I don't deny that the Pandits didn't deserve to be punished for being
> Indians, it doesn't mean that if Yasin Malik first organized violence, then
> retributive action must be pursued against him. This already speaks of your
> own mentality.
>
> Mind you. It's not as if I don't feel retributive at all; there are times
> when I feel that all BJP supporters should be cut down to pieces, and like
> they organized Gujarat, all their supporters should be completely burnt in
> an organized manner, so that they are never there back in the society.
> However, I do realize, though somewhat late (fortunately this violent streak
> in me never materializes), that this is not the way to go about solving such
> problems. I don't agree with BJP, and those who follow it ideologically, but
> they are also human beings and deserve dignity and right to life as much as
> I do.
>
> But you seem to have completely forgotten that. As much as you deserve
> dignity of life and right to life, Yasin Malik also deserves it. And if you
> think that he is an animal, don't forget that animals also have rights in
> today's times(PETA is one of the organizations fighting for animals'
> rights).
>
> Secondly, doesn't a criminal deserve the chance to improve back on what he
> did, and become a better human being? According to what I have heard, Yasin
> Malik, was sentenced to jail in 1994-94, during which he had read 'My
> Experiments With Truth' , the autobiography of Mahatma Gandhi, and after
> reading it, asked JKLF, his own organization to lay down arms. Since then,
> he has repeatedly asked for stopping of all violence, and also repeatedly
> stated that Kashmiri Pandits should also be a part of 'azad' Kashmir.
> Moreover, he has stated that violence doesn't lead to any solution; it leads
> only to more violence.
>
> Now, coming back to your point. Thirdly, if Yasin Malik is responsible for
> the rapes and killings in the Valley to begin with, which led to the exodus
> of the Pandits on a large scale, there are cases pending against him. Get
> those cases tried quickly, put pressure on the Indian Union, and get him
> convicted if you have evidence to back your claim, instead of first
> indulging in PR-exercise on sarai list, and following the tried and tested
> policy of Bush and Modi, which is 'repeat a thing 1000 times, and it becomes
> the truth'. If Malik is responsible for all this, can't you get him
> sentenced in any case? Or is only repeating perceptions and spreading them
> [...]

Aditya Raj Kaul