[Reader-list] see some meaning in Yasin Malik's choice

indersalim indersalim at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 23:17:24 IST 2009

Dear All
i remember, some two years back i had posted the following piece here
on the list. i am doing it again. i hope the debate on Kashmir opens a
little more seriously than it is now. ......what ever is written is
too predictable, too obvious,..... I want to hear something which
stimulates my intellect. i am merely provoking ......may be i am
playing selfishly...so, here it is once again:

The day the Palestinians become a nation like other nations, I will no
longer be on their side.
 Jean Genet

THE OTHER

I said to them, spontaneously

Take away your Kashmir,

Just take away, It is all yours.

They laughed, then looked

At each others faces with disbelief,

But grabbed quickly: The Azadi

Freedom in their hands was water

As pure as one drinks

At the beginning of a river.

Their hands were as big as valley itself

And they merrily moved towards

Their homes like the river itself.

This Freedom, still water like,

Not a just born baby as yet,

So they went to martyrs graves first.

There they quenched the thirst of

The Dead, who by technique

Drank a water within this water.

This freedom still water like,

Had to be taken to a place like

Secretariat, if one goes by Theory.

But they instead kept on gazing at its

Myriad faces, which perhaps delayed

Its instant shelving into structures

That was the time it revealed its

Unpredictable face, which unnerved even

Those who held it lovingly in their hands.

Its sudden surge inundated all the

Barbed wiring and dead walls;

Crossing new frontiers.

New thoughts, new soil and old

Seeds were passing through the

Alimentary canal of earth's friendly worms.

All the excreta of all the animals

unanimously dissolving their egos:

'Love' was declared: The only God.

( to be continued )