[Reader-list] see some meaning in Yasin Malik's choice

indersalim indersalim at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 12:04:39 IST 2009

Dear Lalit

some one very interestingly wrote, that how India is happy to play
cricket with Sri Lanka who have devastated the entire population of
Sri Lankan Tamils, but have refused to play Pakistan. Sri Lanka and
Pakistan  happily played their series, and now Inida is happily
playing their game. Note the word Game. The nation state is also a
game, which suits it from time to time, Right, but we deserve to have
our own view points about the games being played across the table.

Now, with Yasin Malik, you are only proving me right. I quote you,
"last year but for the timely intervention of the security forces his
cohorts would have been lynched by the followers of that part time
moolvi/separatist ..."

Read timely intervention of Security Forces, and his opposition within
Kashmir. Are not these two position completely in sync with what i am
trying to high light? . Is it in the Interest of India to save Yasin
Malik , and is it in the interest of Kashmiri Muslims to see him
'lynched' ? If both Kashmiri Muslims and Kashmiri Hindus are enemies
of Yasin Malik then who is whose enemy right now. Why dont Kashmiri
Pandits trust the present legitimate Govt. and return back to their
'Root in Kashmir'. Any hindrance to that lies in the fact that
Pakistani  activists are still active in the valley, right, that means
Kashmiri muslims are not enemies of Kashmiri pandits but only
Pakistani establishment, say ISI. And if we say that there is no
difference between Kashmiri muslim and Pakistanis then we know it is
pakistan and we are dealing with one enemy which has its army, its
police, its intelligence, its cricket team and its nuclear weapons.

who will answer these question? you have raised them, i agree, but why
dont we see the Kashmir problem from different perspective. The
Nationalistic one is too known, Pakistani one is in contrast with
that. But what is new. I am not even talking about a new  formation of
a new country. But how to resolve the Kashmir dispute. How to
negotiate LOC.  How to dissolve territories in the world. Europe has
done it, why dont we imitate their good things. The possibilities are
endless.

 I dont mind if Yasin Malik is replaced by some one more  sincere to
the problem itself.  There are chances, history might repeat itself,
like Sheikh Mohd Abdullah he too might  enter an accord with center,
and later on give us a handsome  son like Farooq Abullah and his son
like Umar Abudullah  to Kashmir who might rule as CM in Kashmir in
future. Who knows what is relevant to future generations. So why not
to cultivate a personal intellect to understand the problem, not only
Kashmir but other problems too.

The recent election as we know are all about Bijli, Panni and saddak.
Some opportunities for parents to see their children read and write
and earn a dignified life.  Besides that, i am not too interested in
Dynasty politics which is running the whole show for Indian Democracy
all over the country.  I see,  Zardari and Sonia Gandhi strangely
related to each other: Unknown Brother, Unknown Sister.

You mentioned about my performance at Arpana Gallery, ' I am neither
here, nor there'. thanks for that. We both agree that we have lost the
ground. But i was not not only doing it about Kashmir, but about the
disappearance of ' the feminine' from our sensibilities, and how to
restore that, and how to realize the trace of the ' that sensibility'
within ones own being, given the situation of a up turned box with
garments scattered here and there.
 Please see the images , http://indersalim.livejournal.com/56394.html
and i wish you write something on that too.

>From here, i take the point to something entirely unrelated to Kashmir
problem and yet there is a connection.
A homeless family  ( hindu ) was living in a 600 year old Muslim
monument in Delhi. The family is fighting a legal case with Waqf Board
regarding the ownership of the ancient ruins which was turned into a
home with water and electricity. Right. Imagine the family was a
migrant from Paskitan or a dalit who had no access to land and other
resources. Right, he needs to the thrown out, as he was but not now,
the way he was, it should not happened  in first place, silly that it
happened 60 years ago.

 Now on the other side of the city: Surpreme court today said that
Cars are choking the city space. The industry of cars is stealing the
public space.  If we all are collectively hand in glove with stealing
of the precious space what moral right we have to protest the
occupation of a Heritage structure by a homelss family. We are blind
to monumental tragedies that are happening around us. We are
unwittingly ready to forgive all the criminals in the parliament, and
give awards to manufacturers of fake medicine and what  not.  We can
go to any extent if  our son dream to follow Rajju of Satyam. I see a
Raju in every corporate house.  We are sadly part of the whole choas.
How it happens, and as i said, i am also looking for answers. There is
a Kashmiri Proverb, ' Sajde divan zale, handvend gatschan yeere' ( We
are too occupied to capture the small things, like straws, while
bigger things like water-melons keep on drifting )

Something similar is happening in Kashmir.  Perhaps, we are too
nationalistically thinking about it, when the Nation State itself is
playing Games which are unknown to us.

My guess is that rigidity of Nation State in dealing with issues like
Kashmir pushes the entire population to frenzy, and embrace
fundamentalism.  You know how poets artists and intellectuals in
Kashmir are sad about the present situation. They are unable to
express freely, but who is responsible. Indian Sate policy never did a
bit to restore the ancient legacy of Kashmir. Swat like situation is
unfortunately gifted to us by Anglo-Amercian policies and their
yes-men in our politics.  Why Muslim Turkey is not giving birth of
Swat like situations. Why were people in Swat were as  gentle as
people living in our kashmiri neighbourhood. Or, all people  full of
possibilities, are vulnerable to become Buddhists, Muslims,
Communists, Hindus and even Nazis at the same time?  Just by  sporting
a white collar and a red tie in a car does not make one a great human
being. I am not saying, driving a  car is ugly, but what i am trying
to say here is that in absence of so called Muslim Terrorism the world
is not a heavenly place to live in.  I believe, the systems of ways of
living on this planet earth are bound create VIOLENCE this way or that
way.

It is just a way of looking at what is more violent and what is less
violent. Non-violence is perhaps deeper than a simple definition of
not-killing the other. Violence on the other hand is affecting our
lives from head to toe, This is truly a subjective discussion, but
what is other way ?

I am trying to understand, just like an average a student

with love and regards
inder salim

--

http://indersalim.livejournal.com