[Reader-list] The Pink Condom Campaign

Shivam V lists at shivamvij.com
Sat Feb 14 14:48:48 IST 2009

This has the trademark of Aditya Rak Kaul & co. written all over it  -
ranging from "sickulars" to intimidation (giving out others' phone
numbers), etc. So what's the point of claiming anonymity and making a
fool of yourself? And why give it away that you're plain jealous that
somebody else has pulled off a bigger online campaign than you ever
did ("media surely won't promote us as they did to *Pink Chaddi
walas"). Or is that just a ploy to make sure news editors publish/air
stories about this one? But then who will give interviews, Aditya Raj
Kaul's ghost? And what makes you think gifting condoms to
self-confessed "Pub-Going, Loose and Forward Women" would constitute
insult and protest - condoms for them are not what pink chaddis are
for Shri Ram Sene. Next time, think better.

And 'inflated figures of support'? Evidence please. The number of
people on that Facebook group are for all to see - 38,844 as I type.

It's interesting that you don't support the Mangalore pub attack (I
take your word) but oppose the Pink Chaddi campaign. And why? Because
Hindus and RSS are being portrayed in a bad light. If it is, then it
is by the Shri Ram Sene. Shri Ram Sene is fringe, radical Hindutva not
formally aligned with RSS. The truth is, you are uncomfortable that
somebody speaking in the name of Ram is being portrayed in bad light,
that the pink chaddi campaign is making sure that Ram's Army is
getting a bad name worldwide. If only you were to realise that it is
their own actions that are bringing a bad name to them, and a great
embarrassment to all those who have great respect, admiration and
faith in Ram across South and south-east asia.

But you can't join liberals and you you can't join the fundoos either.
The liberals are of your class but the fundoos in this case are of
your political persuasion - if only the poor souls had accepted ARK's
leadership and not made this small mistake. But they did this in a
calculated way to grab media attention, something they perhaps learnt
from you! And now when a liberal set knows how to exploit the gimmick
and visual-hungry beast that is the media, that's salt on your wounds.

How I love you dilemma. May the hydra-headed Hindutva monster keep
giving you such dilemmas and preventing the forward march of Hindu
fundamentalism in the Republic of India.

Jai hind
shivam

mail at shivamvij dot com