[Reader-list] Film Screening, Yale Art Gallery, Yale University, 2.25, 7:30pm

Paul D. Miller anansi1 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 18:16:01 IST 2009

Hi you all - here's the info on my film premier screening at Yale. Any of you have friends there? We will have lots and lots of people for the premier, and there are about 50 other screenings of the film throughout the country plus Tokyo, Singapore, Paris, London, Berlin, etc etc If you're interested in screening the film, definitely let me know! We're working with local groups all over the country to present it.
Details:

www.rebirthofanation.com

come on by!
Paul aka Dj Spooky

Details:

Yale Art Gallery event to feature DJ Spooky

Susan Z. Hart, Administrator

Film Studies Program

Yale University

53 Wall Street

P.O. Box 208363

New Haven, CT  06520-8363

phone: 203-436-4668

fax: 203-432-6764

www.yale.edu/filmstudiesprogram

http://opa.yale.edu/bulletin/yale_bulletin_section.aspx?id=129&type=VC&pub_id=32

On Wednesday, Feb. 25, Paul D. Miller, also known as DJ Spooky That Subliminal Kid, will visit the campus to screen his newly released DVD "Rebirth of a Nation."

The screening and question-and-answer session will take place at 7:30 p.m. in McNeil Lecture Hall, Yale University Art Gallery, 1111 Chapel St. at York Street. The event is free and open to the public. The gallery is closed during this event; enter the McNeil Lecture Hall from High or York Street.

Miller will be the guest at a master's tea at 4 p.m. in the Calhoun College master's house, 100 Tower Pkwy. His visit is sponsored by the Yale University Art Gallery, Department of Music, New Ideas in African-American Studies, Calhoun College, Film Studies and the Yale Research Initiative on the History of Sexualities.

Paul D. Miller aka DJ Spooky
That Subliminal Kid
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
7:30PM
McNeil Lecture Hall
Yale University Art Gallery

Rebirth of A Nation
Celebrating the DVD release
with screening and Q&A with
DJ Spooky
Admission is free. (Note: the Gallery will be closed during this event; enter the McNeil
Lecture Hall from High or York Street.)
Paul D. Miller, electronic musician and multimedia performer will celebrate the DVD
release of Rebirth of A Nation with the Yale community. Rebirth of A Nation is Paul
Miller (DJ Spooky)’s audiovisual remix of the DW Griffith film "Birth of A Nation" for
three screen digital video projection. Miller has taken a newly restored print of the
original film, and edited, manipulated and remixed it. Originally commissioned as a live
multimedia performance, REBIRTH OF A NATION the DVD features an original score
by Miller performed by Kronos Quartet. The film is ‘a DJ mix applied to cinema’ that
challenges our legacy of revisionist history as it deconstructs one of the most influential
Paul D. Miller is a conceptual artist, writer, and musician working in New York. His
written work has appeared in The Village Voice, The Source, Artforum, Raygun, Rap
Pages, Paper Magazine, and a host of other periodicals. Miller has also published the
manifesto Rhythm Science and Sound Unbound, a collection of essays on music,
There will be a Master’s Tea with DJ Spooky (Paul D. Miller) on Wednesday, February
This event is sponsored by the Yale University Art Gallery, Department of Music, New Ideas in