[Reader-list] Yale Art Gallery, Film Screening, 2.25 7:30pm

Paul D. Miller anansi1 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 25 18:20:31 IST 2009

Hello you all! I'm having a screening of my new film at Yale University tonite. If anyone from the list is in the area, come by! There'll be lots of people from different scenes, and it's an open situation.
in peace,
Paul

details:

Paul D. Miller aka DJ Spooky
That Subliminal Kid

Wednesday, February 25, 2009
7:30PM
McNeil Lecture Hall
Yale University Art Gallery

Rebirth of A Nation
Celebrating the DVD release
with screening and Q&A with
DJ Spooky

Admission is free. (Note: the Gallery will be closed during this event; enter the McNeil
Lecture Hall from High or York Street.)

Paul D. Miller, electronic musician and multimedia performer will celebrate the DVD
release of Rebirth of A Nation with the Yale community. Rebirth of A Nation is Paul
Miller (DJ Spooky)’s audiovisual remix of the DW Griffith film "Birth of A Nation" for
three screen digital video projection. Miller has taken a newly restored print of the
original film, and edited, manipulated and remixed it. Originally commissioned as a live
multimedia performance, REBIRTH OF A NATION the DVD features an original score
by Miller performed by Kronos Quartet. The film is ‘a DJ mix applied to cinema’ that
challenges our legacy of revisionist history as it deconstructs one of the most influential
Paul D. Miller is a conceptual artist, writer, and musician working in New York. His
written work has appeared in The Village Voice, The Source, Artforum, Raygun, Rap
Pages, Paper Magazine, and a host of other periodicals. Miller has also published the
manifesto Rhythm Science and Sound Unbound, a collection of essays on music,
There will be a Master’s Tea with DJ Spooky (Paul D. Miller) on Wednesday, February
This event is sponsored by the Yale University Art Gallery, Department of Music, New Ideas in
African-American Studies, Calhoun College, Film Studies and the Yale Research Initiative on the
History of Sexualities.