[Reader-list] protests against Gaza Siege - ideological arrogance

Lalit Ambardar lalitambardar at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 03:11:12 IST 2009

Dear Prakash Ray & Dear Sana Rizvi,
I am addressing you both together because both of you have made quite an obnoxious response (….similarity in expression could not be a mere coincidence…???...) to what I had thought was a mere plea to seek your attention on something that is, if not more by your ‘leftist’ standards but equally tragic in truly humanitarian sense, in your own backyard - almost half a million of your compatriots ( that is assuming that both of you are Indians) are  living as refugees in their own country for almost two decades now. Their only fault being that they happened to be Hindus & that they symbolised Indian presence in the valley of Kashmir & it did not suit the likes of Yassin Mallik ,Sayaed Ali shah Gillani ,moon lighting Mirwaiz Moulvi Umar Farooq et al- the Kashmiri pan Islamists who wish to establish an Islamic state in Kashmir.

Trust me, please, it was not the intention to agitate you. I only wanted to stir your conscience.
It is sad that you choose to give a simple humanitarian issue an ideological colour.
Now that you Mr.Prakash Ray , have taken it upon yourself to speak on behalf of the left parties,organisations & individuals (that is assuming that the respective ‘polit bureaus’ have permitted you to do so…???...) then will you be kind enough to explain what that  ‘well articulated position’ of left parties is on the issue of pan Islamists claim on  Kashmir & if the left parties at all have  an affirmative position on the following:
i)                    i)    that Kashmir including the POK is an integral part of India as per the unanimous Indian Parliament resolution of as recent as
             nineties...???...
ii)                  ii)   that it is Pakistan that indoctrinated, trained & armed Kashmiri Islamists & inducted them to wage a war against our India…???....
iii)                 iii) that Yassin Mallik & his ilk who self admittedly ferried weapons & escorted mercenaries from Pakistan in to the valley & himself along
             with his JKLF goons indulgent in the mayhem that included ethnic cleansing of Kashmiri Hindu Pandits in the valley during 1989-90
             must be tried for crimes against humanity…???...
iv)                iv) that the Kashmir Muslim  proponents of ‘azadi- bara- e- Islam’ are no different from the followers of  ‘al qaeda’ ….???....
v)                  v)  that Pakistan based dreaded Kashmiri Muslim terror commanders like Hizbul Mujahhidin chief Sallahudin should be extradited to India to
            face trial…???....
Questions, there are, of course many’ but let me not burden you any more at the weekend. Thrust me, I care.

Now a little story I would want you to share quietly with your comrades tomorrow when you are out in the demonstration:
last year at the peak of the crisis in the middle east when Israelis had attacked Lebanon in response to the deadly rocket attacks from the Lebanon based Islamic terror group Hezbollah, there was a similar hue & cry raised by your comrades in the Parliament of India. On being told that Indian leftists were up in arms against Israel, this is what the Mayor (who himself happened to be a Communist) of the Israeli city that was worst hit by the Hezbollah rocket attacks had to say to the visiting Times Of India correspondent (was it Vikas Singh…you could check up with the TOI editorial board…) “ let the Indian leftists come under these  rockets attacks & then comment”.

Regards
LA
Ps : Let us not differentiate the ‘humanitarian sufferings’ on ideological or ethnic grounds. A ceases fire that ensures safety of both Israeli as well as Palestinian civilians is what is called for.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 01:59:16 +0530> From: pkray11 at gmail.com> To: reader-list at sarai.net> Subject: Re: [Reader-list] protests against Gaza Siege> > Dear Lalit,> > No one has stopped u from protesting against Pakistan. If you wish to> demonstrate in front of the Pak Embassy, please do. Various Left parties,> organisations and individuals are well aware about the situation in Kashmir> and they have their well-articulated positions in this regard. They never> bothered to ask you or the communal organizations you support. So, please go> ahead without waiting for them. Do what you wish or want or feel.> > Prakash> _________________________________________> reader-list: an open discussion list on media and the city.> Critiques & Collaborations> To subscribe: send an email to reader-list-request at sarai.net with subscribe in the subject header.> To unsubscribe: https://mail.sarai.net/mailman/listinfo/reader-list > List archive: <https://mail.sarai.net/pipermail/reader-list/>