[Reader-list] The Gay Agenda

indiaonedge wordpress indiaonedge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 01:52:42 IST 2009

The Gay Agenda

How much of what Obama said was what you and I believed in. You and me
- the gay, blogging, intellectual, dandy type. Our fathers (and
mothers) fought hard for the comforts we enjoy. Our world padded with
satin cushions and cool white Ipods, we pity the grubby next. Our
ideals we make and remake continuously in our head; they are never
called to test, they can stay there safe - shielded by the blood and
guts of our fathers.

The men and women who toiled and tilled this land. Who spoke out;
fought, died, conquered. This is not our victory. It is theirs. We
think there ay be no need to fight anymore. No cause to lose our lives
in. And yet we are gracious in our privileges, cautious and mindful in
our luxury - we give little and hope for the better of all.

That is Obama's country. As a brilliant counter to W who exhorted his
citizenry to shop after a crisis, O exhorted his to toil through one.
Here, a man who rounds the smooth edges. WHo say - all can be Free,
and Gay. Obama stands up for the promise of his father, and our
fathers - and never for a moment may we think it is ours alone to
claim.

We stand in the shadows of those before us. And may only hope to do as well.

http://indiaonedge.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/the-gay-agenda/