[Reader-list] CIS Workshop on Web Accessibility

Pranesh Prakash pranesh at cis-india.org
Thu Jan 29 12:04:23 IST 2009

Dear All,
Greetings from CIS.  We are organising a "Workshop for Web Developers
on Web Accessibility" in New Delhi from February 16th-18th, 2009. The
workshop will have seven trainers from Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore who
are experienced in web accessibility issues and WCAG 2.0. The workshop
aims to bring together participants from government departments, NIC
and web developers from organisations from the private sector in
different parts of the country to come together and learn and share
basic concepts of web accessibility.  There shall be thirty
participants in all. The call for participation is open now on a
first-come-first-served basis.  There are no fees for participation.
Those interested may contact Nirmita Narasimhan, Programme Manager at
<nirmita at cis-india.org>.

About the organizers: The Centre for Internet and Society is a
Bangalore based non-profit, which brings together a team of
practitioners, theoreticians, researchers and artists to work on the
emerging field of Internet and Society to critically engage with
concerns of digital pluralism, public accountability and pedagogic
practices, with particular emphasis on South-South dialogues and
exchange. We focus on areas such as anonymity/privacy, censorship,
surveillance, free and open source software, open standards, open
access, family, sexual practices, addiction, intellectual property
rights, piracy, ICT4D, digital and participation divide and digital
communities and movements. Please visit our website at
<http://www.cis-india.org> to learn more about our work.

Regards,
Pranesh

--