[Reader-list] CIS Workshop on Web Accessibility

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 20:42:56 IST 2009

Hi all. Thanks Pranesh for posting this invitation. I wonder how do the
organizers define the term "accessibility". One section of the society that
suffers from the lack of accessibility of the web and which has not been
mentioned here is the visually challenged people.
w3.org has certain guidelines for making web accessible to the blind but in
India you are not legally bound to meet those guidelines. I wish the
organizers do a thorrough research on this issue and address in the proposed
workshop.

Regards
TaraPrakash