[Reader-list] CIS Workshop on Web Accessibility

Nishant Shah itsnishant at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:58:31 IST 2009

Hi TaraPrakash,
Thank you for the response. I am sure Pranesh will have much to say about
the notions of accessibility, that the workshop is aimed at. In the
meantime, we, at the Centre for Internet and Society, do value interest in
questions of disability and access. We have, in fact, made visual disability
and access as one of our flagship in house research project and this
workshop is indeed going to focus on it quite extensively.

I am offering you some links about the work that we have started, and would
hope that more researchers might be interested in coming up with concerns,
questions and perhaps solutions to the many abilities that we take for
granted when talking about the internet and its usage.

http://cis-india.org/search?SearchableText=Accessibility

This particular link gives you a list of all the activities we have been
doing in the field of visual disability and accessibility in the last eight
months since we started our work. You might also find it of interest to
perhaps get in touch with Nirmita Narsimhan (nirmita at cis-india.org), our
in-house research manager who is working and networking quite extensively on
this project, and is indeed one of the chief coordinators for this workshop.

Thank you, again, for your valuable feedback and interest. We shall hope
that you will be attending the workshop, in Delhi,

warm regards
Nishant

Nishant Shah
Doctoral Candidate, CSCS, Bangalore.