[Reader-list] ''Shiela Dikshit - Pramod Muthalik'' - SanghSangh !

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 23:50:58 IST 2009

Dear TaraPrakash (and all)

Well the BJP is also hypocritical on many accounts as well. And therefore,
the question is not as easy as it seems.

For one, the BJP says it opposes Valentine's Day. However, since the middle
class supports it in many states in large numbers, it by and large doesn't
try and stop it's celebration, especially in the evenings. Infact, in an
article in Hindustan times, if I am not wrong, I read that youngsters
celebrated that day peacefully even during day time in Ahmedabad in 2007
(election year), though it was just mentioned as passing in the last few
lines in an article. Now I hope somebody can clarify that. And as more and
more middle class voters support BJP, they would expect them to take a
lenient stand against Valentine's day and other pubs and all, otherwise the
Congress may turn out to be the beneficiary.

Then again, the BJP is accusing Congress of being conservative without
itself especially espousing its' own cause. I have no objection of BJP
calling Congress 'conservative', but why not accept in first place that it
itself a 'conservative' party whole-heartedly?

Also, the Sangh Parivar believes in 'Swadeshi' model of economics, but the
BJP is a free market party. How come this goes on is anybody's guess.

Yes, the Congress is also a major hypocrite. To turn itself from a forum
where all voices could be heard, to a secular party (when it is not so even
now, as Antulay's statement had proved) is definitely an act to prove
oneself a hypocrite. And then to brand BJP only as communal, is bigger
hypocrisy.

But who is the bigger one, is still a tough guess.

Regards

Rakesh