[Reader-list] Gandhi

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:33:26 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh and all. As about Gandhi, I have no doubt he would not be
satisfied at all with the way India has functioned after "independence". A
poet munavvar Saiyadi has said something interesting:

Gandhi badan ka naam naheen tha, usool tha,
Gandhi ke har usool ko thukara diya gaya.
Gandhi ka katl aam sabha mein naheen hua
Gandhi ko katl lok Sabha mein kiya gaya.

(Gandhi was not the name of a body, he was a principle. Every principle of
Gandhi was rejected. Gandhi was not killed in a prayer service, Gandhi was
murdered in the loksabha (by our parliamentarians)

Regards
TaraPrakash