[Reader-list] Gandhi

taraprakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 11:50:11 IST 2009

Hi all and Rakesh. Thanks for posting this link. I am not planning to read this article right now due to time constraint. But yes, a lot of people have written a lot about gandhi, the man. What perhaps I should have said is that Gandhi is important to us not because of his body but because of the principles he preached. If you smoke and tell someone else not to, your message doesn't lose its significance as long as you yourself have known the dangers of smoking. Yes, I thinkGandhi, the man, was an opportunist, selfish and what not, but these are not things he is known for in the world. That is why the poet I quoted focuses not on Gandhi, the man, but Gandhi the principle.

Regards
TaraPrakash